ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Total amount of data migrated

2008-08-15 10:29:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Total amount of data migrated
From: "Killam, Perpetua" <perpetua.killam AT RBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:29:04 -0400

thanksalot
-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Shawn Drew
Sent: 2008, August, 14 11:36 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Total amount of data migrated

Here is a hairy unix command that gets the information from the actlog and
outputs in gigabytes:  (Just use begindate, enddate, endtime, enddate options
to set the time frame.

dsmadmc -se=tsmserver -tab "q act begind=-1 msgno=0986 s='migration'" | grep
bytes | sed 's/^.*total of //' | sed 's/ bytes.*$//' | tr -d ',' | awk '{sum=$0
+ sum} END {print sum/1024/1024/1024}'

Also works for "backup stg" processes

d -se=tsmserver -tab "q act begind=-1 msgno=0986 s='backup storage'" | grep
bytes | sed 's/^.*total of //' | sed 's/ bytes.*$//' | tr -d ',' | awk '{sum=$0
+ sum} END {print sum/1024/1024/1024}'

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
perpetua.killam AT RBC DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
08/14/2008 10:47 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] DSMC return codes broken in 5.4?

Hi Andrew,

Is there a query to check how much data was migrated from disk to tape
every night?

We copy from disk to remote tape and something of the data from disk
spills into local tape.

I am looking for a query to tell me how of the data is spilled into
local tape? I can search the actlog but I'm looking to write a report
that would outline an estimate for over a month

Thanks
Please let me know