ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Different nodes backing up under same name

2008-08-14 13:37:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Different nodes backing up under same name
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:36:06 -0500
I have a situation that I can't quite get my head around.  It may not be
do-able, however I thought I would ask..

I have a department that wishes to back all of their Windows lab machines
under the name of their main server.  It already works, as the NODENAME of
each lab machine has been changed to the main server name, and the passwords
are consistent.  The filespace names are unique on the main server, so that
is working as well.

The main problem I am having is trying to schedule mess.  They are behind
a firewall, so they are trying to use polling, however when they attempt
to run the polled schedule, the server tells them that the schedule has
already run (because one of the other clients ran it first).  Is there even
a way to do this with the scheduler, or should I have each client run a
windows schedule instead?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bob