ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli\TSM\Domino\*.pdb file

2008-08-13 13:20:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli\TSM\Domino\*.pdb file
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:19:07 -0400
Bill,

The PDB file contains the names of the databases needing activation.
If the file were deleted, then issuing the domdsmc activate command would
become a no-op because DP/Domino would have no way to determine which
databases need activation.  However a new restore would result in
a new PDB file containing the names of the (new) databases to be
activated.

So, the answer is... yes, you can delete the PDB file,
but you should run the restore of all of the databases again
to re-populate a new PDB file.

Thanks,

Del