ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Tape Count...

2008-08-08 09:21:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Tape Count...
From: Henrik Vahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOILHYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:20:31 +0200
>From Google...

"Fuji +tape" = http://www.fujifilm.com/products/storage/ltoultrium.html

Browse their website and find the spec. Hint (products/data storage
media/lto..

"Media Durability(Nominal)
 -
 1,000,000 passes
 -

Estimated Archival Life
 -
 30 years "

TSM wont track the number of reclaims per given tape but if you checkin
the tape with 'status=private stgpool=', the tape wont go back to
scratch pool and therefore keep the information about "Number of Times
Mounted" from 'q vol'.

//Henrik