ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New Tivoli Licensing Free Metric tool!

2008-08-06 10:13:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New Tivoli Licensing Free Metric tool!
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:12:56 -0400
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:36:57 -0600, Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
>> said:

> Ya I noticed that also when I went to order it in
> Passport. He-he. If the software is "free" and "required", why would
> they care about how many PVUs it requires?....

I think there's a large, well-appointed closet somewhere in Tivoli
Central, which contains a major exec in a straitjacket and a gag.  If
you put your ear to the door and listen carefully, you can reconstruct
a muffled cackle: "Vaaalue units.  He hee hee.  VAAAAaaalue".

Everyone else in the organization knows it's insane, but the sign on
the closet door reads "Grand High Poobah" or some such.  So with
awkward, slightly ashamed looks, the rest of the organization soldiers
on.

- Allen S. Rout
- Vaaaaalue.