ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] The mysterious port 1757

2008-07-31 12:28:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] The mysterious port 1757
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:27:25 -0400
On Jul 31, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Steve Stackwick wrote:

Thanks, Richard, but after reading the Technote I'm still a little
confused. It seems that the port is selected (presumably randomly) at
initial contact right after installation and stored by the server, at
least that's how I'm reading the technote. If so, where does that
configuration live on the server? I don't see anything in CLIENT_LLA.

The TSM server's database table for storing derived client values is
not exposed to us customers.  The port number is not reflected in the
CLIENT_LLA field of the NODES table because, like the CLIENT_HLA
field, these are to reflect values explicitly set by the customer for
server-initiated communications.

   what I know,  Richard