ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New TSM Layout

2008-07-31 11:16:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New TSM Layout
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT COX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:17:25 -0500
What I've seen in the past, in general, is that inbound work looking for a
place to store data will bind to a defined TSM volume that is not currently
in use.
Now, knowing that volume name is an internal key within TSM you can prevent
excessive TSM DB lock contention by breaking that storage pool up into as
many tsm defined disk as you expect to have (max) inbound concurrent
sessions.  This will allow each one of them to tie to a defined disk for its
current use.
Having just a single, or limited number of defined disk will impact your
performance.

Dwight