ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Method to count tapes in I/O slots of IBM3584 library

2008-07-29 22:48:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Method to count tapes in I/O slots of IBM3584 library
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:47:31 -0400
Agreed; you are a perfect candidate for ALMS.
It makes the 3500 behave more like a 3494 - it queues ejects.
If the I/O station is full, the next ejects land in the "virtual" I/O slots;
as soon as ops clears the physical I/O slots, the library will push out the
next 16 (or 32) that are queued.

You would be better off (you don't have to write/maintain scripts).
Your ops staff would be better off (they only have to go unload it once per
day).