ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Memory Issue: Since Upgrading TSM Server from 5.2 to TSM 5.5 and installation of Centera SDK 3.2.1 - anyone experiencing similar problem?

2008-07-28 10:16:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Memory Issue: Since Upgrading TSM Server from 5.2 to TSM 5.5 and installation of Centera SDK 3.2.1 - anyone experiencing similar problem?
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:13:54 -0400
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing memory issues since upgrading to
TSM server 5.5 and installation of Centera SDK 3.2.1?

Starting with TSM 5.5 the Centera SDK had to be installed separately where
in the past the Centera SDK was part of the install package.   We have
noticed that since upgrading our TSM server from 5.2 to 5.5 that large
amount of memory is being used which we suspected it was coming from the
dsmserv process.    Each time the pages are freed is when we have killed
the dsmserv process.    We made NO changes to the OS and the only change
was the upgrade of the TSM server from 5.2 to 5.5.

We opened a call with IBM TSM support which in turn had us run some data
collection scripts for a few days.   In summary, IBM confirmed that a
large amount of memory is being used.  It is not being used by any dsmserv
subsystem however.

We opened a ticket with AIX support which in turn rerouted the ticket back
to IBM TSM support.   We are hashing out where the ticket is supposed to
be assigned and worked.   Meanwhile, there has been no movement on the
call and was curious to see if anyone else using the Centera SDK and TSM
5.5 has experienced the same problem.

Background:
Upgraded our TSM server from 5.2 to 5.5.0.
OS:   Aix  5.3
Installed SDK 3.2.1 per IBM TSM install instruction

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.