ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] backing up mapped drives <Virus checked>

2008-07-28 01:54:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] backing up mapped drives <Virus checked>
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:52:47 +0200
Hello Geoff,

I would like to recommend you to use the \\... syntax. With <letter:> we
had lots of trouble, and IBM support as well.

regards,
Dierk

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
25.07.2008 22:00
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
[ADSM-L] backing up mapped drives <Virus checked>

I was wondering if someone who might be backing up mapped drives on a
particular server could weigh in on this please. We have a server, and I
have not seen the setup because I have no access at this point, that I
am told has mapped drives from a netapp. They want this drive backed up
with TSM and I am looking to find the proper way to do this. Are either
of these acceptable and if so when looking to restore data do these
drives show up in the 'local' tree?

DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL F:
DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL \\host\d$

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b
(858)826-4062 (office)

(858)412-9883 (blackberry)
Email: geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com

Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen GmbH & Co. KG
Gasstraße 18
22761 Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Rolf Pries, Dr. Norbert Sellin, Hans-Werner Scherer
Registergericht: Hamburg HRA 85212
USt-IdNr.: DE 117 981 371
Steuer-Nr.: 27/541/00020
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin:
Bürgel Wirtschaftsinformationen Verwaltungs-GmbH
Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 45 704