ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Feedback on others environments

2008-07-17 14:34:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] Feedback on others environments
From: Sean English <sean.english AT WACHOVIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:33:06 -0400
Just wanted to get feedback on what others are doing in terms of their TSM
environments where library sharing, IBM libraries, and drives are
involved.  We have the following setup in one of our major datacenters:

14 (with growth projected up to 19 or 20) TSM instances running on p570's
with AIX 5.3 and TSM server 5.4.3.0.
1 library manager managing all these library clients. LM has 78 drives
connected to it (72 in one 3584 libary and 6 in a long term data retention
3584 library)
LM also, currently, has 2100+ path statements representing all the current
library clients and storage agents. We also have the potential of adding
200 more storage agents to this library framework (moving from 9940 to
3592).
We backed up ~50 TBs a day.
Just wanted to see what others were doing in similar environments.

Thanks,
Sean