ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape question.

2008-07-17 12:29:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape question.
From: Chris Koster <chris.koster AT MARKIIISYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:27:22 -0500
First make sure your device class has FORMAT specified as DRIVE. If the
drive is enabled for compression (check via your library's web GUI),
then you can expect anywhere from 800GB to 1.6TB of utilization. With
mixed data types I typically see ~1.2TB.

One other option to set is the ESTCAPACITY=1600G when defining/updating
the device class.

Also make sure you TSM level is 5.3.5.2 or 5.4.1 or higher.

And last but not least, $40 at CDW will get you a sheet of labels. When
tapes cost $100 each, I'm sure you can justify $2/label.

CK