ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Define vol on Network share problems.

2008-07-16 16:04:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Define vol on Network share problems.
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:03:21 +0200
On Jul 16, 2008, at 21:55 , David Hensley wrote:

I am running Windows 2003 server on an IBM box. Tivoli Storage Manager
version is 5.5. I created a new Disk Storage Pool. I am trying to
define
the volumes of this disk storage pool on a network connected share.
I have
a DFS share setup for the network share. I have tried running the
following
commands
1. DEF VOL diskprim1 \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share Returned info:
ANR2404E Define Volume: Volume \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share is
not
available. Return code: 14

2. DEF VOL diskprim1 Drive letter:\share  Returned info: ANR2404E
Define
Volume: Volume Drive letter\share is not available Retur code: 14

3. DEF VOL diskprim1 \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share
\diskprim1_vol1 f=10
w=y Returned info: ANR7821W Unable to create directory when creating
volume
\\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share\diskprim1_vol1

so:

1- the volume (a file) doesn't exist
2- dito
3- the directory in which you are creating the volume doesn't exist

btw, are you very very sure that you want to use a share for TSM disk
volumes?

I'd think that def vol d:\share\vol000 formatsize=X should work, even
on a network share.

Can anyone help me with this issue. If more information is needed
please
let me know. Thank you all.

Dave Hensley
Technical Analyst
McNeilus Companies, Inc.
Desk: 1-507-374-8587
Cell: 1-507-244-0921

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of
any virus or other defect which might affect any computer system, it
is the responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus-
free and the sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any
loss, injury, damage, cost or expense arising in any way from
receipt or use thereof by the recipient.

The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above, and may be privileged.  If the
transmission in error, please  contact the sender immediately,
delete this material from your computer and destroy all related
paper media.  Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by
all parties.
Thank you.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,