ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Erroneous files in client log directory

2008-07-16 11:40:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Erroneous files in client log directory
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:38:37 -0400
On Jul 16, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Matthew Large wrote:

Thanks Richard,

If I had left the number off the search string QuickFacts would have
appeared!..

The crashes seem to be happening at the same time those erroneous
files were written, so they want to eliminate TSM as a cause.
Although I totally agree with you - how can a few tiny file writes
cause a crash?

Well... it *is* Windows.  ;-)

Less facetiously: If TSM has been configured this way for some time
and the system instability is recent, they need to review system
change records, where a Service Pack or patch installation or local
change may underlie the situation.  Such temporal isolation may help
resolution.

   R.