ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange Problem to Restore files

2008-07-15 21:30:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange Problem to Restore files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:29:15 -0400
On Jul 15, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Anderson Douglas da Silva wrote:

When we try to restore any file using GUI interface and using point-in-time, we can´t find the file. But when we try using the command line the file was there available to restore. What is happening in this case. The client and the server is 5.3.5.

An old chestnut. See "Performing point-in-time restores" in the client manual
or see    GUI vs. CLI
in        http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts

The crux of the matter is usually that your retention policies are not retaining directories at least as long as the files in them.

  Richard Sims