ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New Tape Library

2008-07-15 10:43:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New Tape Library
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:42:38 -0500
Hi,
Forgive me if I am being dense, but this doesn't make sense to me.  If
you deleted the drive paths, the drives, the library path, and then the
library, the library should be gone, along with it's inventory.

If you do a 'q libvol' and you still see tapes in the original library,
then you didn't really delete it.

If the library has actually been deleted, you can't do a 'checkout
libvol' because the syntax requires the library name, and the library
doesn't exist anymore, right?

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Phone: 314-364-3150