ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Subfile help

2008-07-07 02:09:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Subfile help
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:08:49 +0300
Hi to all

I have a request to backup a file server with just compressed files (as zip
files) created with a backup utility of windows. I want to test the subfile
option in TSM and any advice will be appreciate.

My purpose is of course to backup only the delta in the zip file, the regular
incremental backup will backup the entire file almost every time.

I begin to read the help for syntax and options but your experience and maybe
syntax example will be great help.

T.I.A Regards

Robert Ouzen