ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for NAS (NDMP) restoration algorithm

2008-07-06 13:56:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for NAS (NDMP) restoration algorithm
From: Wira Chinwong <wira AT SCSI.CO DOT TH>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:54:08 +0700
Thanks you for your recommended.

I am very sure the TOC is backed up to disk pool. But I wolud like to know
the algorithm which TSM use to restore file from image backup. The restore
file selection is quickly because it can read from TOC in the diskpool but
after selected, how TSM scan the actually data in the image backup. Do TSM
need to scan a whole image first before restore selected data. If so that
means if I have the backup volume about 1 TB and I need to restore some
files which may be 100 MB.  TSM need to scan data about 1 TB before restore
100 MB,right?  Any idea please suggest.

Best Regards,

Wira Chinwong
Engineering Department Manager

SCSi Co., Ltd.
719 KPN Tower Bldg., 11th Floor, Rama 9 Rd.,
Huaykwang, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10310
Tel 02-7171066-7  Fax 0-27171068
Mobile: 086-3204115
E-mail: wira AT scsi.co DOT th