ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to verify storage pool backup

2008-07-02 10:51:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to verify storage pool backup
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:49:42 -0400
There is a select command somewhere on here that tells you the number of
files that are out of sync:
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
But I can't find it at the moment.

Also, you can just run
backup stg copy1 copy2 preview=yes wait=yes
and if it gives you a "There is no data to backup for copy1"  then your
offsite pool has all the data your onsite pool has

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
07/02/2008 10:29 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] How to verify storage pool backup

Is there a practical way to verify that all contents of storage pools have
been backed up?

It looks as if it would be unwise to try checking each individual file,
however, I need this to show management that we are taking dr seriously.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.