ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] RECLAIM process with one tape drive

2008-06-24 13:53:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] RECLAIM process with one tape drive
From: Joaquim Carmona <joaquim.carmona AT CIRCULOLEITORES DOT PT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:50:06 +0100
Hi,

We just started to use TSM a couple of months ago and it has been a lot
of fun ;-) to discovery the solutions for our problems.

We have another one now, about the volume reclamation. The scenario:

.A disk pool  named DISKPOOL
.A Tape Library named ON_SITE_POOL with one drive
.Another Tape Library named OFF_SITE_POOL with also one drive.

As each tape library (TL) has just one drive, for doing the volume
RECLAIM, according to the TSM AG manual, we should define a storage pool
with device type DISK and make it the reclaim storage group (RSG) of TL.

The problem is that, I think, we should have one RSG for each TL has the
RSG has to have the return of the data back to the TL with this
parameter nextstgpool.

Question: is there a way to make this easier? For instances can I use
the two TL for doing the job, one being the RSG of the other?

I would appreciate some help on this because I have more reclamation
space than the actually used...

Thanks
Joaquim