ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] licensing question on TSM Extended Edition

2008-06-11 15:20:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] licensing question on TSM Extended Edition
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:16:06 -0400
Hello,
      I understand the calculation of PVUs and how to derive the $$ for the
licensing fees for a node (server) be registered and backed up on tivoli.
I have a cluster failover (window os) , one of the server houses two ips
( one is a floater ip) , two nodes using different dsm.opt files,  both
registered on tivoli, do I have to pay two license fees even though it is
the same box? I was told that once the node(s) are live wired onto tivoli,
licensing fee will be charged. I am not sure if we have to pay twice
because of using different node names for failover.

Thank you in advance.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun