ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM, MS Clustering & Mountpoints

2008-05-29 08:12:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM, MS Clustering & Mountpoints
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:10:02 +0100
Steve

We went round this loop a couple of years ago.

The default value for CLUSTERDISKSONLY is Yes. According to the
documentation, this "specifies that the Tivoli Storage Manager only allows
the processing of cluster drives that have a drive letter. This is the
default."

So (and this seemed paradoxical) you also have to specify
CLUSTERDISKSONLY=NO in the 'special' .opt file for backing up the shared
disks.

For some reason we also had to specify UNC paths to all the disks
(including the mountpoints) in the DOMAIN statement, but I forget the
reason why. However we did succeed in making it work (although not with
DFS in the equation).

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

The latest version of our online customer Clear guide is now
available; find out what we've been up to and what's new at
Yorkshire Water.  There's even a delicious cauliflower risotto
recipe from celebrity chef James Martin!  Visit
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/clear to find out more...

YORKSHIRE WATER - WINNER OF THE UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2004,
2005 AND 2006

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682