ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Multiple nodes included in a backup set command syntax

2008-05-12 11:41:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Multiple nodes included in a backup set command syntax
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:40:40 -0400
Multiple nodes data included in a backup set

Hello all

Is/has anyone who has upgraded to TSM 5.4/5.5 using multiple nodes data included in backup set? Does anyone know if it is possible to specify file spaces to be backed up in the backup set command and not the whole node? I currently have the following syntax, but not sure if it is correct.

MULTIPLE_NODE_BACKUPSET_TEST Description Weekly full POA backup Command GENERATE BACKUPSET NOCUBGWT "Weeklynocubgwt" 2 “Weeklynocubgrn” 1 DEVCLASS=3592CLASS RETENTION=30 SCRATCH=YES DESCRIPTION="Wkly nochubgwt" “Wkly nocubgwn” WAIT=NO NAMETYPE=FSID priority 10 datatype=all

F.Y.I – The files spaces (2 and 1 ) hold the directories I would to be backed up. I read through the section in the IBM TSM V5.4 & 5.5 Tech Guide and could not find an example of this. Feel free to inform me if and example of this is elsewhere.

Thanks for any replies/responses in advance!

TSM 5.5