ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows

2008-05-07 16:06:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows
From: Laurent Bendavid <bendavid.laurent AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 22:02:36 +0200
No need of that. JBB check the latest backup date of filespaces to decide if it is valid or invalid. If you reactivate your policy set, this action reset your "filespaces" latest baclkup date so you invalidate your Journal. The next backup will not use the JBB.

To be sure to be synchronize in our company we do a full incremental forever each week (we forced activate policy set to do that).

James Choate a écrit :
I installed the backup archive client (5.4.2.0) on  Windows 2003 Server.  I ran
a full backup of 2.7 TB.

I scheduled the regular incremental backups to run nightly.  I noticed that the
backup was taking anywhere from 4 - 9 hours to complete.  The client was
scanning thru approximately 5 million files to backup 40GB - 150GB a night.

I installed the Journal engine on the Windows server, and now I notice that I'm
spending 8 minutes - 30 minutes a night to backup the client.

I ran across a couple posts that say the following:

 "you'll need a full backup after the journal engine starts"

What does that mean based on me having installed the journal engine after I had
already done a full backup?  Does that mean I need to delete my filespaces, and
do a brand new full incremental?

If anyone can clairify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

James Choate