ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fantasy TSM

2008-05-05 13:47:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fantasy TSM
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:46:18 -0700
Curtis Preston wrote:
* Ability to make archives from backups on hand.

Maybe I'm missing something in your post, but isn't that what a backup
set is for?

The tapes in a backup set (AFAIK) aren't tracked in anyway by TSM, and
aren't bound by any kind of retention on the server. I think they also
just work on the filespace level, and frequently we need to make
archives of data at the directory and file level.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354