ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] dsmadmc - terminal settings - insert mode

2008-05-04 08:52:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] dsmadmc - terminal settings - insert mode
From: Robert Venyige <vrob AT FREEMAIL DOT HU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 14:50:55 +0200
Hello,

One (maybe trivial) question:

Using dsmadmc on AIX or Linux when I edit the command line, the
default is to overwrite characters after the cursor, "Insert" must be pressed
when I want to
paste something to the command line. I would like to make the insert
mode default.

Is this the question of terminal settings or something other?
(Backspace already works, when I set the terminal program to send ^H
instead of ^? - or use stty to set erase to ^?)

THanks!

--
Best regards,
 Robert