ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ***SPAM*** [ADSM-L] working with 2 libraries

2008-05-01 15:44:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ***SPAM*** [ADSM-L] working with 2 libraries
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 21:42:53 +0200
Mario Behring wrote:
Hi list,

I have two automated libraries (LIBLTO1: 3580 L18 / 3 drives and
LIBLTO2: 3582 L23 / 2 drives) connected to the TSM Server. LIBLTO2
has just been connected. At this point, there are 5 STG POOLS
pointing to the devclass that corresponds to LIBLTO1.

I have some questions:

1- Is there any way to configure TSM to "see" both libraries as one?

no :)

2- If not, can I change a existing stg pool and point it to the new
devclass? I checked the update command and there is no such
option.....or should I simply create new stg pools and point them to
the new devclass?

No, you are right, you can update a devclass to point to a new library,
but not a stgpool to point to a new devclass. So you'll need to make new
stgpools (and a devclass and a library)

Any help is appreciated.

Mario

 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
Try it now.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post