ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite tapes not being brought back.

2008-04-28 10:11:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite tapes not being brought back.
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:10:44 -0500
Set the reclamation higher, around 60 or so.  Setting it that far down
will make reclamation run forever, and it will have a hard time
finishing in a day.

Also check your volume reuse setting in the offsite copy storage pool.
If this is set to say 5 days they will not be flagged vault retrieve
until after that reuse delay has passed.  Generally you want your reuse
policy to match the number of database backups you are keeping.
Otherwise you'll restore a db only to find that the tapes its expecting
have been overwritten.

See Ya'
Howard