ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting

2008-04-22 11:51:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting
From: "Whitlock, Brett" <brett.whitlock AT COUNTRYFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:50:44 -0500
I have a SQL user who creates a nightly backup with an older version of
litespeed.  They only want to retain 60 days.  The problem is each
nightly backup has a unique date/time stamp.  Therefore TSM sees every
file as an active version.  Since each version is active I am just
keeping everything.  The files don't get deleted nor are  they triggered
to be inactive so I can't use the retain only or verdelete.  How do I
convince TSM, using the backup copygroup (not archive) to just keep a
file 60 days?
A newer version of litespeed allows SQL to use the archive copygroup.
However if I can make this work with the backup copygroup this will
defer testing and implementing.

We are on TSM 5.3.3 windows server.