ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] co-locate by filespace

2008-04-21 18:44:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] co-locate by filespace
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:43:37 -0700
I have not tested this so am wondering out loud how communications work.
If 'a' server is set up to co-locate by filespace how does that affect
the backup if at all. All data here goes to disk pool first so I am
guessing nothing changes there and don't think there are any things I
need to consider.

As for the restore though. If co-located by filespace and there are 4
filespaces, each on their own set of tapes, does opening one session and
clicking on all 4 filespaces to restore automatically mount the 4 tapes,
or is it somehow single threaded and just does one filespace at a time?
Has anyone tested to see if opening 4 separate sessions make any
difference how quickly data is restored to the system?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator