ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Copypool Tape Ownership

2008-04-17 14:48:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Copypool Tape Ownership
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:47:30 -0500
Hi All,

We are going to be moving our current TSM DB to a new server and breaking it up
into separate instances so that the databases will be smaller. Our plan is to
restore the DB as in a DR and then remove the nodes and policy domains that
will be on the 2nd instance, in essence separating the DB.   Currently my tapes
are collocated by node in the tapepool (library) but the copypool (offsite) is
not.  I know that for the library I need to change ownership of the tapes to
the new server(s) but am not sure what happens with the copypool tapes.  I
don't believe that the different servers can track files on the same tape.  I
have read papers on using this method but have not found a reference on how to
handle the offsite tapes.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Debbie Haberstroh
Server Administration
Northrop Grumman Information Technology