ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Recovery issue

2008-04-17 10:38:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] Recovery issue
From: Jim Young <jimyoung AT CATTLES.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:36:14 +0100
Hi,

Can someone please point me in the right direction.  I've got an AIX 5.3 OS
with a vanilla install of TSM5.3.2.0. and I'm looking to do a test upgrade
by recovering the live 5.3.2.0 Database to this server and then upgrade.  Or
i was trying to.

Right, I've dsmfmt'd the DB & Log *.dsm files as per the DRMplan
But when it comes to using the dsmserv command for the format or restore,
its bombing out. The only pointers i can find relate to setting DSMSERV_DIR
to the install path, which is true already.

root@tsmsrvr01# /usr/bin/dsmserv restore db devc=FILEDUMP
vol=/tsmtemp/07838143.dbb
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 06:14:03 on Sep 27 2005.

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000

Version 5, Release 3, Level 2.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2004.

All rights reserved.

U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure

restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.

ANR0109E Attempt number 1 Unable to load cryptography module from
'/usr/tivoli

/tsm/server/bin/.'.

ANR0109E Attempt number 2 Unable to load cryptography module from
'/usr/tivoli

/tsm/server/bin/.'.

Cheers

Jim (lost...on an island...somewhere)

Cattles plc Registered in England No: 543610
Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park,
Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, WF179TD.

The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and not of
Cattles plc or any of its subsidiaries.The content of this e-mail is
confidential, may contain privileged material and is intended solely for the
recipient(s) named above.

If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this e-mail.

Please note that neither Cattles plc nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments(if
any). No contracts or agreements may be concluded on behalf of Cattles plc or
its subsidiaries by means of email communications.

This message has been scanned for Viruses
by Cattles and Sophos Puremessage scanning service.