ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 server in larger environments?

2008-04-09 16:00:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 server in larger environments?
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:59:14 -0700
Remco Post wrote:
Hi All,

usually, after  new TSM server is released you hear many complaints from
early adopters about lots of problems. With 5.5 I've heard very little,
so I was wondering, how many people are actually using the 5.5 server in
a production environment, and how big are these? Is anyone with a db
over 100 GB in size running 5.5 server? Or over 200 GB? How much data do
you backup on an average day? During the last dutch TSM UG meeting,
there was only one site using 5.5 server out of about 30 attendees.

We have a TSM 5.5 server with ~275GB database and backup 500GB-3TB a
day. We haven't had any serious problems so far. Server-to-server
exports are sketchy, but they've been sketchy since 5.3 as far as I can
tell. Tape exports work as well as they ever have, though.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354