ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] error while restoring TSM DB at DR

2008-04-03 15:19:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] error while restoring TSM DB at DR
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:16:44 -0400
On Apr 3, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Taylor, David wrote:
I have an automated process for keeping the TSM servers at our DR
site,
in synch with production.  This is a home grown app (mostly Korn
shell)
and it has been working well for several years.  The problem is that
twice in the past week, the restore of the TSM DB at the remote
site has
failed.  Things worked just fine for 5 days between the two incidents.

David -

Your TBUNDO096 might be a recurrence of the historic cause you've
probably seen in the IBM database.  If you can minimize activity
during the db backup, and the problem doesn't recur, then that is
likely the cause.  Whereas you are beyond support and can't report
this, I surely hope this is not a current problem in TSM: all of us
do TSM DB backups but few do restorals with any frequency to detect
the prevalence of such an ugly problem.

   Richard Sims