ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] error while restoring TSM DB at DR

2008-04-03 14:49:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] error while restoring TSM DB at DR
From: "Taylor, David" <DTaylor AT WBMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:48:07 -0500
I have an automated process for keeping the TSM servers at our DR site,
in synch with production.  This is a home grown app (mostly Korn shell)
and it has been working well for several years.  The problem is that
twice in the past week, the restore of the TSM DB at the remote site has
failed.  Things worked just fine for 5 days between the two incidents.

Both servers are running the same (old) versions of TSM (5.1.6.3) and
AIX (5.1.0.5).

The database backup is done to disk, I then tar-up some additional
system files, compress everything and FTP it to the remote site.

Everything unpacks successfully.

Checksums are the same on both sides.

I keep a week's worth of databases on both sides - I can reproduce the
error, by simply attempting to restore the same database backup - so I
know there's something wrong with the backup itself.

DBVol, and logvols are identical between the servers, and neither is
pressed for space 65 and 40% utilization respectively.

The database has actually been much larger - so, I know it's not a
physical or logical limit - currently the DBB flat-file is about 10GB.

If I can't figure out what's causing the issue - is anyone aware of a
utility that I can run against the DBB file that might find the problem
before I send it to my DR site?

Below is the output from the restore at the point that it fails - as you
can see it appears to have completed, but then it blows up.

ANR4639I Restored 2472384 of 2481795 database pages.

ANR4640I Restored 2481795 pages from backup series 4251 operation 0.

ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.

ANR4641I Sequential media log redo pass in progress.

ANR4643I Processed 4096 log records.

ANR4643I Processed 8192 log records.

ANR4642I Sequential media log undo pass in progress.

ANR9999D tbundo.c(207): ThreadId<0> Error 2 on delete from table
AS.Segments

for undo.

ANR7838S Server operation terminated.

ANR7837S Internal error TBUNDO096 detected.

  0x10626F48 TbUndoExternal

  0x1009D8BC IcLogUndoRecord

  0x10444594 IcEstablishPointInTime

  0x10440644 icRestoreOneImageCopy

  0x1043C09C AdmRestoreDb

  0x10342E50 admRestoreDatabase

  0x10003ADC RestoreDb

  0x10001BF8 main

ANR7833S Server thread 1 terminated in response to program abort.

ANR7833S Server thread 2 terminated in response to program abort.

TIA

David

the system manager.

presence of computer viruses.