ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Removing Oracle TDP data from TSM (rebinding data to new MC's?)

2008-04-03 10:33:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] Removing Oracle TDP data from TSM (rebinding data to new MC's?)
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:29:19 +0200
Hi guy's,

I am running into a strange but pretty serieus problem at one of our
customers.
Capacity is at the limit and I need to fix this issue fast but am at a
los at the moment..

There were some wrong policy domains settings that were used to backup
Oracle TDP data.
I have fixed this issue and put the deleted versions and day's to 0 in
the MC.
The Oracle DBA tells me rman is deleting it's old data, but I still see
data in the system when I look with 'show versions <node> *', data that
should have been removed a long time ago (months ago that is).

I suspect this has something to do with bindings to wrong MC's, the
question is can this be true? And if so, how can I fix this?

Or is the DBA wrong and not deleting the old data correctly?

Please advise.

Regards,

  Stefan