ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] q occ vs q fi

2008-03-26 17:38:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] q occ vs q fi
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:46:58 -0700
Remco Post wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but UNIX directories don't occupy any space on
tape (usually) but are references in the database so if you had say:

Normally they do just reside in the database, but if there's ACLs or
some other kind of extended information they do go into a storage pool.
I think if a directory name is longer than 256 bytes this will happen as
well. We had a bunch of Linux systems with SELinux enabled that we had
this happen to.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354