ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Add control paths; lost library

2008-03-26 09:35:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Add control paths; lost library
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:33:56 -0400
This was a classic shot to the foot. After enabling control paths to
the drives on our 3584 the drives showed an 'UNKNOWN' status in TSM.
We misunderstood that to mean TSM the drives were in an unusable
condition. So, we deleted the drive and path definitions, and the
library for good measure. When we deleted the library we unknowingly
deleted the library inventory as well. I either missed the warning
message about that, or there isn't one. Either way, mea culpa. John
Burke at TSM Support steadied the ship, and with two 'checkin libv'
commands the scratch and private volumes were restore to the library.

With best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University