ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Installing TSM client on MAC desktops

2008-03-25 12:39:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Installing TSM client on MAC desktops
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:38:42 +0100
Ryan Miller wrote:
> Has anyone pushed out the TSM client to numerous MAC desktops before?
> If so, what method was used?  I have a customer who has about 250 MAC
> desktops they are wishing to add to their TSM backups and are looking
> for the best way to get all the clients installed without touching
> each machine, if that is possible.

I guess there are few things to do:

- install the software (should not be that hard)
- push a valid /Library/Preferences/Tivoli Storage Manager/dsm.sys and
dsm.opt
- get the client to authenticate once to effectively 'passwordaccess
generate'
- start the dsmcad

I guess that 1, 2 and 4 should be feasible with some default software
management tool, 3 might be harder... How do people solve this on wintel
or UNIX?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post, PLCS