ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] [Fwd: Backup set Tape occupancy Usage]

2008-03-24 11:33:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] [Fwd: Backup set Tape occupancy Usage]
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:32:26 -0400
Hello All,

I would like to have a script count to count the # of tapes a backup set
uses
Does anyone have any script like this that they are willing to share?
These tapes
are not in Storage Pool so when I try the get any idea of  how much tape
they
use I get the following.

query content c00035 node=opl1 type=backupset  f=d
ANR2401E QUERY CONTENT: Volume c00035 is not defined in a storage pool.

From what I can tell from the TSM server log they don't use much at all
but they eat up tapes like crazy.

TSM 5.5
3592
3494 Library
AIX 5.3

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions or help.