ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.4 performance issues

2008-03-20 08:37:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.4 performance issues
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:34:47 +0100
Hi Remco!
What if you cannot restore a file? IBM will tell you to upgrade the
client to a supported level, which you will do. Now you still cannot
restore the file. Now IBM will tell you, well, the file was backed up
with an unsupported client version. Bad luck...
And also, most companies don't allow (and should not allow) using
unsupported software usage in a production environment. I would not be
surprised if using supported software levels is a requirement to be SOx
compliant.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines