ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange 5.5 requires .NET 2.0?

2008-03-19 10:06:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange 5.5 requires .NET 2.0?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:04:21 -0400
Thanks, Del.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, Windows
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
423-535-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (mobile)

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Del Hoobler
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:07 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Steve,

Yes.  You need the .NET framework 2.0 (or later) for
Data Protection for Exchange 5.5.0.
It was unintentionally left out of the User's Guide.
There is a DOC APAR for this: IC55699

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/19/2008
08:44:05 AM:

> Windows x86 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003
>
> TDP Exchange 5.5.0.0
>
> TSM BA 5.5.0.0
>
> TSM server 5.2.7.1
>

> I'm trying to upgrade my TDP for Exchange from 5.2.1.0 to 5.5.0.0.
>
> I already upgraded the BA client to 5.5.0.0 w/no problem.
>
> The install went fine, no error msgs, but I cant get the gui or
command
> line to start.
>
> If I try to manually start them from a cmd prompt, I get a message
> indicating that MS .NET 2.0 is required.
>
> I cant find anything in the manual that mentions .NET of any flavor
> being a requirement.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?
>
> I know my setup is unsupported, since my tsm server is 5.2.7.1, but
> would this prevent the tdp from functioning at all?
Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm