ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Management Class Query

2008-03-19 09:50:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Management Class Query
From: Jeff White <Jeff.White AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:49:31 -0000
Thanks for the response Richard

I've ran a show version command on a filespace i knew was backed up last
night. I can see from the appropriate date/time stamp that the files
were backed up:

\\xxxxxxx\d$ (Unicode) : \I386\ MDMSONYU.IN_ (MC: DEFAULT)
Active, Inserted 03/19/2008 01:30:19
ObjId: 0.2740277, GroupMap 00000000, objType 0x02

The MC is default and that in itself is fine, because that it was i
expected. There are no specific management classes applied with client
options files (about 200 clients) - from your reply, are you saying that
if i continue to use the default management class (even though i have
changed it) then there will be no rebinding?

I decided to start with a new mgmtclas/copygroup and leave the old ones
available just for backout purposes.

The new management class has a new copygroup also - below are the
sequence of commands i used:
DEF MGMT STANDARD STANDARD FILEPRINT30 SPACEMGTECH=NONE AUTOMIGNO=0
MIGREQUIRESBK=YES MIGDEST=SPACEMGPOOL DESC="FILE PRINT SERVERS"

DEF COPY STANDARD STANDARD FILEPRINT30 T=BACKUP DEST=DISK_POOL FREQ=0
VERE=30 VERD=1 RETE=NOLIMIT RETONLY=366 MODE=MODIFIED SER=SHRST

ASSIGN DEFMG STANDARD STANDARD FILEPRINT30

VALIDATE POL STANDARD STANDARD
ACTIVATE POL STANDARD STANDARD

Thanks

Jeff