ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ***SPAM*** [ADSM-L] Full policy

2008-03-12 19:17:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ***SPAM*** [ADSM-L] Full policy
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:14:11 +0100
Mario Behring wrote:
Hi list,

I have a TSM Server 5.2.2 running on a Linux box.

There is this customer that have a business requirement of FULL
backup every day with a 30 days retension period. There are several
customers attended by this TSM Server. All of them with usual
policies.

Considering that I have an IBM robot with 3 drives and 18 LTO2 slots
(200-400GB tapes), what should be the best approach to answer this
customer requirement?

I´ll have to create a policy just for this customer, as I usually do,
but I am concerned with backup windows and tha amount of tape I´ll
need.

Any help is appreciated.

First, ask about why your customer has this very silly requirement, then explain why it is silly, and if he persists, tell him to buy his own dedicated tape-drive and have him change his own tapes dayly.

Mario