ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TSM and the /opt directory on linux

2008-03-12 15:27:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TSM and the /opt directory on linux
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:25:55 -0400
I think  even more simpler way is:

tsm> rest -pick -subdir=yes "/opt/*"

Shouldn't need to restore to another directory - unless you want to.

Your original restore command line had "/opt/" instead of "/opt/*".

David Longo

>>> "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM> 3/12/2008 3:13 PM >>>
Yes. This seems like it will work:

tsm> rest -pick -subdir=yes "/opt/*" "/logvol/opt/"
Restore function invoked.

TSM Scrollable PICK Window - Restore

     #    Backup Date/Time        File Size A/I  File
     1. | 12/16/02   18:02:43        512  B  A   /opt/Tivoli

But I am massively confused on why TSM seems to think /opt is a filesystem or
is unavailable. All I *really* want to restore is the "ibm_help" eclipse files.
And for some reason, TSM can't find them.

I just did a selective backup of "/opt/ibm_help/*" and now I'm _really_
confused.

Selective Backup processing of '/opt/ibm_help/*' finished without failure.

Total number of objects inspected:   27,705
Total number of objects backed up:   27,705
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:    1.47 GB
Data transfer time:                    8.51 sec
Network data transfer rate:        182,216.60 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:      16,731.02 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:01:32
tsm> rest -pick -subdir=yes "/opt/ibm_help/*" "/logvol/opt/"
Restore function invoked.

ANS1302E No objects on server match query

I either need more sleep or more coffee. Or maybe both. I put the
virtualmountpoint directive in the wrong file today because I saw the big, bold
"options file" header and didn't bother to read the only line under it - "Place
this option in the dsm.sys file."

Duh.

Tom