ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems with TSM and the /opt directory on linux

2008-03-12 12:32:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems with TSM and the /opt directory on linux
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:30:59 -0400
I'm loosing the battle on this one; /opt is a directory, not a file system. I
have a backup of it on the server.

And I get this when I try to do a restore:

tsm> rest -pick -subdir=yes "/opt/"
Restore function invoked.

ANS1395E The destination filespace or drive letter is unavailable. The
following object was not processed:
tsm> pace:'/opt'

Note the funky layout.

So I tried to set /opt up as a virtual mount point, and I get this:

kauffmant@elkhart:~> sudo dsmc
ANS1036S The option 'VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT' or the value supplied for it is not
valid. It was found in options file '/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt'
         at line number: 18
         The complete entry: 'Virtualmountpoint /opt'

ANS1038S Invalid option specified

So just how DO I restore files under /opt?

Here's my dsm.opt, as of the virtualmountpoint change:

SErvername      adsm-bu1
Virtualmountpoint       /opt
DOmain          /home /usr/local /srv /logvol /opt /

SuSE enterprise server version 10.1
TSM Server 5.5.0.0
TSM client 5.4.2 and 5.5.0.4

TIA

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.