ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP SQL - cleanup of deleted databases

2008-03-05 05:01:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL - cleanup of deleted databases
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:00:39 +0100
We are useing TDP SQL for MS SQL2005 and have setup our policies.
One example:
                Policy Domain Name: TDP
                   Policy Set Name: STANDARD
                   Mgmt Class Name: SQLDBDATAOBJECTS
                   Copy Group Name: STANDARD
                   Copy Group Type: Backup
              Versions Data Exists: No Limit
             Versions Data Deleted: No Limit
             Retain Extra Versions: 30
               Retain Only Version: 60
                         Copy Mode: Modified
                Copy Serialization: Shared Static

I'm not clear about the following thing:
If we delete a db withing the sql instance does it disappear after 60
days? (as files and directories do with baclient)
Or - do we have to manually inactivate the last active backup of a
database, that has been allready deleted from MS SQL.
(we do our sql backups with target=*)

Regards
Stefan Holzwarth