ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Select on / dum/export of backups table

2008-03-04 14:56:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Select on / dum/export of backups table
From: egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:53:27 -0500
Hi,

I would like to do some queries on the backups table. I tried to run me first query however that takes really long and so far I didn't get a result yet. I Iread that queries on the backups table aren't really speedy or even possible. So how can I dump or export the whole table to a file? I cannot (do not want to) use dsmc on the nodes as I would like to run the queries on serveral nodes on several platforms. Is there a way to enhance sql queries despite from using indexed fields (node_name in this case)? Let's say the query is like that (maybe this doesn't make sense it's just an example): select * from backups where node_name in (select distinct node_name from filespaces where filespace_name like '%ORACLE%') and class_name like 'MCLASS%' Is the performance better if the select in the where clause has the last position?

Regards,

..--Egonle
Bei AOL gibt's jetzt kostenlos eMail für alle. Klicken Sie auf AOL.de um heraus zu finden, was es sonst noch kostenlos bei AOL gibt.