ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Archiving

2008-03-04 06:02:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Archiving
From: Mark Scott <MScott AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:59:20 +0900
Evening

I am about to import archive data into a server that does not have the
same management classes defined meaning the data will go to the default
archive management class.  I'm happy with this as it will provide the 5
year retention that I need and the archive date seems to have been
retained on the archived files but does anyone know if it will it still
expire after the right time?

Using the example of a 5 year retention period:  Will a file that is 4
years old on the source server expire after 1 year on the importing
server or will the importing server reset the expiry data and retain the
archive for 5 years after importing?

Look forward to your response

Regards

Mark Scott

Enterprise Storage & Monitoring Team Leader

Bunnings Group Limited

126 Pilbara Street, Welshpool WA 6106

Locked Bag 20, Welshpool DC WA 6985

Phone : (08) 9365 1779

Fax :    (08) 9358 6053

Mobile : 0408925402

E-mail : mscott AT bunnings.com DOT au <mailto:mscott AT bunnings.com DOT au>

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)     This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and
delete the document.

2)     All emails sent to and sent from Bunnings Group Limited.
are scanned for content.  Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
subject matter will be reported to the email administrator of all
parties concerned.