ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to get list of OFFSITE tapes to restore node to latest backup?

2008-03-03 13:52:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to get list of OFFSITE tapes to restore node to latest backup?
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:11:11 -0800
> Is it possible to get a list of the OFFSITE tapes required to restore
> specified node to the *latest* backup?

>Many Thanks,
>   =Adrian=

I worked on this scenario with IBM support some time ago. It doesn't
surprise me that, even though I have recommended the system be able to
get me this info if a primary storage pool tape has been destroyed, that
nothing has been done.

Anyway, you can run a trace on the server while attempting to restore
the file(s) from the client. You would receive an error that the data is
not available but the trace file will capture the data you need. If you
are going to test this you need to make the onsite tape unavailable
first. The scenario worked for me, tested on version 4.something, and I
would guess still works.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator